Saturday, November 04, 2006

The best band on the planet has a new album out...

Fishbone has a new studio record out it's called "Still Stuck in your Throat" it's not actually available here in the states yet, so if you're a huge fan of the band like me ya' gotta order it from here and pay a lil extra dough to get it to your doorstep (it's approx $18.98 us currency, that's with shipping and handling ya da ya da)

I'm listening to the album for the 1st time right now. I'm on the 5th track "We Just Lose our Minds", it clocks in at 9:42. The chorus, bridge and horns are amazing, sounds like vintage Fishbone in there prime...

"Behind Closed Doors" is another standout track, infectious horn line, killer hook and Dre does some toast'n at the end of the tune, f**k'n awesome! If radio had a clue they would start playing this tune (they don't and won't)

The 3rd generation lineup of Fishbone is bringing it!!

Let me digest this album some more, then I'll do a proper review on it...

I'm hoping when they get back to the states in Dec they start booking some NY shows.

No comments: