Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hey,

I've been shooting some great bands the past few weeks...

Just caught "The Dillinger Escape Plan" for the 3rd time, they are sooooo sick live...How the f**k do these guys play all of those wickedly complicated time signatures and also manage to run around stage diving and tossing amps around like rag dolls!?!

The night before "D.E.P" I caught "High on Fire" who are always very tight and heavy as hell...They opened for "Everytime I Die" who I'm not that hip to...I did know a few tunes...the band had a ton of energy, and sounded killer.

Saw KMFDM the other night, it was raining and cold out, on top of that I was in a crappy mood and didn't want to take photos however I'm glad I did because the shots came out wicked cool...I've seen KMFDM a half dozen times and I dig there music and legacy (this is no dis to the band) It's just that I'm over that whole standing on stage behind a few racks pretending to be all elusive and scary, speaking in german and playing the same ol' metal riff over and over ad-nauseum...*yawn* boring

Anyway, look for galleries from "The Dillinger Escape Plan", "KMFDM" & "Everytime I Die"

I'm stoked to be shooting "The Bellrays" on saturday, there one of the best rock bands on the planet - Dig: www.thebellrays.com

I've been thinking about putting up more of my abstract photos ie: architecture, people, random photos...I'm not really sure how I want them published...I may add them to the already existing small galleries on the site or just have my web designer (who is the shit!) build me a separate site for that work *shrugs* who knows...I definitley want to get it out there so people can see it...I also don't want people to pigeonhole me into one style of photography (the live rock photographer) ya know...

Allright I'm going to finish the D.E.P gallery check it out when you get a minute...

btw kudos to Apple they make a hell of a product...I'm going Mac! (kidding)

Can't wait for the 80g...

*iPod rotation*

The Bellrays - Let it Blast
APSCI - Thanks for Asking
Deftones - B-Sides & Rarities
Unearth - The Oncoming Storm
Jazzanova - Blue Note Trip
Jeremy Pelt - Identity
Sigur Ros - Takk
DJ Krush - Jaku
Meters - Kickback
B.R.M.C - HOWL
King's X - Ogre Tones
Esthero - Wikked Lil Girrrls
America is Waiting - In the Lines
Fear Factory - Transgression
The Stooges - Funhouse
Cody Chesnutt - Live in Melbourne

peace
SS

No comments: