Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I've had a few of my clients ask if I would cover the Warped Tour again this year, the line-up looks excellent (as usual), so it looks like I'll be doing that on the 10th...

On the 11th I'm shooting the in-freeging-credible 24-7 Spyz, one of my faves...I get sooo nostalgic when I put on Harder Than You or Gumbo Millenium. It was such a great time in my life (1988 - 1992). I was DJ'n at this dope club where they fed me drinks and paid me very well, plus the ass in this place was fuhgedaboutit (twas a beautiful t'ing). On top of that the club owners gave me free reign to play whateva I wanted in my DJ set. So I was essentially all over the map, playing a lil De La Soul and Rakim here and there mix Depeche Mode and the Cure into that with some Bauhaus or New Order, then bust out the Public Enemy, Slick Rick, Sly and Fishbone. I was having a lot of fun partying and shit...anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing them play...I haven't seen the Spyz since *scratches head* 1990 I think? Gumbo Millenium had just dropped...I remember that gig vividly, they played the illest version of the classic Bad Brains tune "Reignition"...I also remember crowd surfing at the gig which is the dumbest thing ever, I had just copped this tight new shirt from the Oaktree, that was thee place for gear back in the late 80's, my shirt got tore the fuck up, I was so vexed...

I don't know if I've mentioned Jimi is filming this gig at the Haunt and it will be released at some point on DVD...

peace
Scott

No comments: