Thursday, June 08, 2006

I put up a few b&w photos from the She Wants Revenge shoot. I've got some color photos on deck that will get added to the gallery later...

Ok kids,

So you want some insight?

You want to be a wildly successful photographer, have your images seen in all of the coolest magazines by 100's of thousands of people?

Shoot all the killer bands?

Hang out and chat with your musical heroes between backdrop changes...

Make wedges of money?

Meet hot chicks *never happens lol*

Get flown 1st class all over the world and shoot in exotic locations...

Ya Da Ya Da Ya Da...

Well Uncle Scott is here to share a lil story with you. It's not all fun and games, on occasion you have to deal with assholes of gargantuan proportions, for example Jason Koransky *editor* of Downbeat

see e-mail below and start at the bottom and read your way up it's more effective that way, enjoy: Oh, and please feel free to send hate mail here ---> jasonk@downbeat.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: scottstewartphotos@hotmail.com
To: jasonk@downbeat.com
Subject: Re: Rochester International Jazz Fest 2006
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:24:35 -0400


LOL Pardon me? Did you even look at the pictures I sent you, or are you still harping on the Chick shot? Man you need to let it go.

And as far as hiring me again - get over yourself - you never hired me to begin with. The bottom line is this...I needed a photo pass and you got me one, 2 years in a row. Thanks for some great memories...Sucka!

So are we on for next year?

Just in case were not, go F**k yourself!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> From: jasonk@downbeat.com
> Subject: Re: Rochester International Jazz Fest 2006
> Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:26:45 -0500
> To: scottstewartphotos@hotmail.com
>
> Scott:
>
> Sorry to have not gotten back to you sooner. The photos were not good
> last year. I don't think that we can hire you to shoot again. I just
> don't trust that you can provide us a decent shot.
>
> -Jason
>
> On Jun 7, 2006, at 12:06 PM, Scott Stewart wrote:
>
> >
> >> Hello Jason,
> >>
> >> How are you (hope everything is going well)
> >>
> >> It sucks that we didn't vibe last year with that Chick Corea photo.
> >> however, I'm glad that Frank DeBlase was able to get his Chick photo
> >> published in the zine (he's a great cat)...and I'm sure he's living large off
> >> that $75.00 you paid him.
> >>
> >> Anyone covering the fest this year? Oh and btw I'm attaching a myriad of new
> >> photos I've taken, they kick ass.
> >>
> >> Peace
> >> Scott Stewart
> >>
> >> www.scottstewartphotos.com
> >>
> >> cell: 585-802-7134
> >> office: 585-486-0395
> >> e-mail: scottstewartphotos@hotmail.com

No comments: